Maybe baby?

One point five. Thats my beta. My 13 dpo beta.
A beta of 2 or more is considered positive for pregnancy. 

So I am not pregnant...
... but I'm also not not pregnant.

I fall right smack dab in the middle of a grey zone. 
The nurse who called with the results mentioned that the trigger shot could still be showing up, or it could just be too early.

I actually took a home pregnancy test last night. I didn't want to be surprised when we got the call today. It was negative, but it didn't get me down. I kind-of felt like it was too early for the pee test to register, but I still believed that there was a good chance I was pregnant. The internet told me that was a 20.3% chance of getting a false positive on a home pregnancy test at 12 dpo. I felt like i must have fallen in that 20% category. Hope prevails! 

My beta was originally scheduled for next Tuesday, at 16 dpo. But I asked to have it moved up to today, at 13 dpo. I wanted to have the weekend to process the news and thought for sure that a blood test at 13 dpo would be accurate. What do I know! Now I have the weekend to ponder a maybe pregnancy. 

Do you think that somehow my love of the 2ww has backfired on me? Maybe my body really is listening to me! (he-he)

So, I am headed back on Tuesday, at 16 dpo, for another beta test. 

All things considered, I still feel good. I feel like I just have to be pregnant. I wish I didn't have to wait again, but, you know, it is okay. All I can do right now is take extra special care of myself, and that shouldn't be difficult to do for the next few days. 

*****
In the meantime, I am celebrating my 100th post! I'd been picturing that this post would be an exciting announcement of our results today, but somehow it seems more fitting that it is about a random and unexpected test result.  Our journey to become parents has been been so full of curves and bumps, it somehow seems appropriate that my 100th post follow suite. 

I read back through my old posts on a fairly regular basis. It reminds me how far I've come. It reminds me that there are ups and downs, and that I am stronger than I ever gave myself credit for. 

I read back over the comments that others have left and the crumbs that I've left leading back to others posts and am blown away by the unbelievable support that I've found here. The women who I have met here are some of the most incredible, strong, and compassionate souls and I feel so blessed to have received your kind words and been the recipient of your loving thoughts. I can only hope that I have given back some fraction of the support that I have received.

I never would have imagined when I started this blog seven months ago that I'd hit 100 posts. But here I am! and I love it here in my little corner of the internet. 

What I really want to say in this 100th post is THANK YOU. This blog is for me, but knowing that you are all there to support me is what keeps me coming back. YOU are incredible.

*****
Just in case you were feeling like I didn't have enough news, It is my Birthday Week!!! I turn 33 next Wednesday and I have a little something up my sleeve, so I hope that you will stop back to celebrate with me then. Don't you just love the special Birthday header that Giggly Girl Alison whipped up for me? I do :)


Photobucket

18 comments :

JJ said...

Im sorry that its not more positive...

Happy Birthday week! Hoping you have a fantastic week! And yay for 100!

Project Baby said...

Congrats on 100 posts. I am keeping everything crossed for you.

oh and happy birthday week.

Kristen said...

I'm sorry you have to get through a few more days of uncertainty.

Congrats on 100 posts and hurray for birthday weeks!

Cherbear said...

congrats on 100 posts! LOoking forward to seeing what you have up your sleeve for your birthday. And hopefully your beta has something up its sleeve to reveal too!! So you're on progesterone until after the next beta, I assume? I am sooooo crossing my fingers and toes for you!!

Les said...

You have been on my mind all week! Praying for good results on Tuesday!

Bumpy Journey said...

Congrats on the 100th post- I wish you had better news also. Ugh. The waiting sucks, and our bodies are very hard to figure out. LOL.
I hope that your numbers head on up!!!!!!

Marianne said...

Happy early birthday! Happy 100th post! So much to celebrate.

As far as your beta goes, I have never done a trigger shot, thus I have no idea how long they stay in your system. From reading blogs it seems like 13dpo it should be out, right? And if it is out, then why else would your beta be slightly elevated unless you're very early pg? I am feeling really good about this and have my fingers crossed!!!!!!

Holly Christine said...

YAY for the big 100!!!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you love!

And Happy Birthday Week!!

Anonymous said...

Ehhh if the waiting is killing me this much, it must be torture for you!!! Hoping for an increasing beta this week!

Ladybug Baby said...

I am crossing my fingers for your Foxy! I remember the ranges on those hcg tests varying widely! Here is a sample from the messages I kept:

0-1 Week 5-50
1-2 Weeks 50-500
2-3 Weeks 100-5,000

While it is always great to start with a great number, my understanding was that just having the numbers rise over time was the most important part of showing progress.

I took hcg tests last month to confirm that I was no longer pregnant and therefore ok to start trying again. They didn't give me the green light until I was below 2, so anything higher sounds like a good sign to me!

I am sorry you have to wait though. That Waiting Place is such a hard place to be in.

Congratulations on 100 posts!

Kakunaa said...

Wow! Big weekend, honey! I hope that beta goes THROUGH THE ROOF for your birthday. And congrats on 100 posts! And lastly, welcome to Club 33!!! HUGS.

Emmy said...

Oh goodness- what a roller coaster. I hope the wait goes quickly and your beta rises!

Happy 100th post!

Happy birthday! I hope that you have a great birthday week!

Michelle said...

I hope the second test is much more positive.
Happy 100th post & Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you get a great 2nd beta, to celebrate your 100th post and birthday!

AmandaM said...

I hope all is well with the beta hell. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Happy 100th post and Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness! Congratulations! Hoping tomorrow's test is a high HCG! Sending baby dust your way!

Kir said...

I think that a BIRTHDAY (love the header) is the best way to celebrate all kinds of things...how far we've come, where we are headed.

of course, I hope that BETA climbs and climbs to a BIG NUMBER by tomorrow , I will praying for that...until then.

HAPPY *early * BIRTHDAY, 33 was a great year for me, I do hope it is for you too. :)

Amy412 said...

HI! Thank you so much for the comment and the help :) I am new to the world of blogging. I am not sure if I am even posting this comment correctly. I am also on day 7 in my 2ww! We are on the exact schedule :) Praying for BFP's for both of us!!!

 

My Foxy Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Especially for Foxy Designed by Giggly Girl Designs